11/25/2005

Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring... Bananaphone

High Afternoon Tea with Lizz was awesome! One of the few times I have put absolutely delightful, gourmet food in my mouth. And the tea itself... I had an Orchid Oolong tea, which was exquisite. Wow. Tasted just like consuming exotic flowers in liquid form (which is exactly what I was doing...). But yeah, that was a fun day. Thanks again, Lizz! What a great idea that was.

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their traditional or non-traditional Turkey or Tofurkey day! I sure did. I went up to Paul's parents' house, and we dragged Daniel along as well. Good times. Only one small yelling match... Paul said it could have easily escalated, and he was surprised it didn't. I have no hard times believing this. Personally, I was kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner in the day. Anyway, I helped with some of the food... I made a fruit salad, I made whipped cream (which was amazing to see... I've never had hand-made whipped cream before), and I also made a green bean casserole! MMMmmm... The whole dinner was delicious, actually. I made a wonderful-looking plate, filled as full as I could get it with little samples of everything everyone had made, and a ton of dark meat from the turkey, along with some choice slices from the glazed ham... Well, we were watching a movie (Meet the Fockers) and I had to shoo away Callie (the cat) a few times because she was sniffing at my food. A few minutes later, while I'm totally engrossed in the movie, I realize I'm absent-mindedly stroking Callie while she's sitting in my lap... Oh no... I look down and sure enough, she's sitting in my mashed potatoes and licking my turkey. Damnit Callie. You suck. I had to get a whole 'nother plate of food, and didn't get near as much as I had the first time, nor was it nearly as appetizing as the first plate. What a cunt. Why O why wasn't I paying attention?! Curses.

Oh well. Even though I didn't fill up on dinner, I had enough dessert to last me a lifetime. Headaches all around from a horrible sugar high... Woo! Aspirin Ahoy! And as the family went home little-by-little, Paul's awesome friends started showing up, slowly but surely. These guys are awesome. Every one of them, please take my word for it. I'm sad they live all scattered across Washington (some scattered across the country) because it is always a delight to hang out with these guys. Anyway, the lot of them showed up, and we made the traditional trek to Shari's to have a bite and b.s. a bit. Our poor waitress, Lauren/April/Pickle had to put up with us. She was doing a great job though. Props to her, wherever she is...

All in all I feel it was a successful holiday. Now onto the daunting homework... God I hope this quarter is a painless death...

Happy Weekend, everyone!

No comments: