3/12/2006

Did you see the words?

"Do you two have any classes not together?"
"Hah, I never see one of you without the other!"
"I wouldn't feel the world was right without you two together!"

So, Paul and I have each noticed (separately) that a LOT of people have been making these sorts of comments lately. A lot. Just recently. It's really weird, actually. I mean really, I'd spend more time away from him if I could. Same goes for him. But we're both always home, with nowhere to go. I can't move back into my apartment because I really can't handle it anymore. I've gotten used to living so much more quietly. Besides, I like living with Paul. Or, we're at school, where we have a bunch of classes together because we're at the same point in our program, and we need to take the same classes. We honestly don't plan on taking a billion classes together. It would be nice if we had more apart, actually.

Don't get me wrong here though. We really don't mind being around each other all the time. Well, we do bicker a bit more than we used to (not to be confused with our play-fighting)... But anyway, we really don't want to be that couple you know as the sickly-sweet, lovey-dovey, never-separated pair. So I'm sure you know we've booted the sickly-sweet and lovey-dovey parts, but it's not easy to get very much alone-time.

To sum up: we like being around each other, don't mind doing things independent of each other.

Now that that's off my chest, I'll tell you about my night. The day was pretty un-eventful. Got up about noon-ish, ate breakfast (I made omelets, which turned out fantastically), had an Afternoon Delight, and then Ryan got ahold of me and invited us to a BBQ. So we took showers and went to that.

We didn't know anyone there besides Ryan and April, but we still had a good time. There was good food (yum, Thank You, by the way), a fun bunch of people, and Scene It! the boardgame. Oh, and someone brought Chinese yo-yo's, bubble necklaces, and rainbow-colored-feather Indian headdresses (the sort of things you might find in the Dollar Tree, but it wasn't from the Dollar Tree, to be clear). It was fun. Then everyone left, and we somehow ended up being the last ones hanging around. So, Ryan got a crazy idea to go to Backspace and shoot some pool, since it was open 'till two (it was now 11). April was pretty sleepy, and has a cold, so she didn't really want to go. I wasn't terribly excited about going either, actually. And Paul said he was tired, but he thought it sounded like fun. Then April said she'd go if everyone else wanted to go... So of course I said I wanted to go. I felt bad 'cause we were keeping her from rest, but we've also never played pool with her. I saw it as another opportunity to hang out with and get to know her a little bit better.

So anyway, we ended up driving to Backspace. As any situation is, when two cars of people who know each other are trying to get to the same destination, it was a race. If Naito Parkway wasn't closed we totally would have won. And since it's Saturday night, there was absolutely NO parking. So we drove around for about ten minutes, parked, walked to Backspace, and played some POOL!!! WOOOOO!

I was doing a pretty good job tonight. I hit a bunch of shots in that I could have easily missed. I even cleared the table of our balls, down to one, by strategically planning my shots to line up for the next shot. I was pretty proud of myself. We played three games. Okay, so here's why it totally sucked. The first game, I was paired with Paul. We were doing alright, about tied with April and Ryan. Then, three times in a row, I had to save us from knocking the 8 ball in before our last ball. The third time, I failed. Ryan and April win by default. :(

Next game, I'm paired with Ryan. This is the game where I was pretty much wow-ing everyone with all the consecutive and precise shots I was making. Then, I go for a bank shot... The cue ball bounces around, the 8 ball comes from no where, and the cue knocks the 8 straight into the pocket. LAAAMMMEEE!! Ugh, I pretty much died. Paul and April win by default.

Third game. Last game. I'm paired with April. This is the game where I caught us up to Paul and Ryan by clearing the table but for one of our balls by strategy. Woo, go me! Then, just the 8 is left on the table. Both teams are chasing it around, shot-by-shot. And Ryan scratches. April and I win by default.

Talk about dissatisfying game play. It was a good night, though! Now I'm gonna watch some Arrested Development and go to bed. Good night!

No comments: