8/20/2006

Bridges of Multnomah County

So as it turns out, Snakes on a Plane was an awesomely entertaining movie, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. And hanging out with Clint was wonderful! It was a great night, all around.

Yesterday, I went to go watch Paul play hockey with Ryan and his friends, out in Gresham. There's this old abandoned outdoors rollerhockey rink, so every Saturday (if plans go well) everyone gets together to go play for a couple of hours. Paul's gotten hurt every time he's gone so far, but he has so much fun he keeps going back for more. This time I wasn't the only one watching from the stands; April was there, too. I haven't seen her in a while, so that was pretty cool.

However, instead of going and sitting in the shade with her (which was the smart thing to do), I decided to stay in the sun so I could get a bit of color. But the color turned out a bit red. :(

Today was fun; Paul went out of town yesterday afternoon, just after hockey, so I had the rest of yesterday and all of today to myself. I honestly have no idea what I did after Paul left yesterday. He left at four, and it wasn't until ten that I realized that the day was gone and I hadn't accomplished anything. Woops... So today I decided to be semi-productive. I went out at noon to downtown Portland, and took 129 pictures (filled my memory card) in two hours, all of the bridges. I got more sunburned. But that's okay, I loved my afternoon! I saw the middle through the end of about fifty people swimming across the Willamette; I saw a lone, forgotten book underneath a park bench; I saw two people being led by two other people, one of which was reciting a poem, the other was playing guitar; I saw a ton of dads riding bikes with their daughters. It was a great day.

No comments: