8/12/2006

eviction of the brain

I feel melancholy, apathetic and generally caught in the doldrums at the moment. I think this post is probably meant for my public blog, and not my private one. So I think I'll post it there. Anyhow, I'm not quite sure how I got in this funk. But the song I'm listening to currently, Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah, is cementing the mood. Oh, now it's Bright Eyes' Lua. Much better (/sarcasm)...

I keep finding remnants of the night I drank nearly a full bottle of wine (a big bottle, not regular-sized). I've found a few conversations and blogs I don't entirely remember doing, but I'm sure it was me. My sincere apologies to those I bugged and may have hurt. Way too much wine. And unfortunately, I don't think Paul will let me buy another bottle anytime soon...

I should be doing homework. Paul and I are going up to Centralia tomorrow morning. There's a family reunion on the Thomas side of Paul's family, and my presence is requested by his father, for getting to know the people I could one day be bound to the tree with. We have to be there at nine, so we (I) should probably wake up at around 6-6:30-ish. And it's nearly 11 now. And I'm not sleepy. Well, maybe a little...

I'm charging my camera batteries, because I need to get in the habit of actually using my camera when I take it everywhere with me. I've already missed two great photo opportunities this weekend (the beach with my family, and Potholes with my friends), and I'm super-bummed about both of them. I need to be making lots (hundreds) of photographs for my Advanced Image Manipulation class, and I currently have about thirty. Whoops...

I think I've found the source of my current mood. There's a being in the room that seems to be draining all the energy and life out of the situation. It does that fairly regularly... I don't think this regular exercise is a particularly helpful mechanism, but maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that I'm not quite understanding. Ugh.

I'm listening to a delightful song now, and it could just lift my spirits a bit! Hah, it's great. It's by The Boy Least Likely To, and the name of the song is I'm glad I hitched my apple wagon to your star. Oh, now there's flute, or pan pipes, or something. How happy. It sounds like something that would be sung out in a sunny field by little girls holding hands and skipping in a circle.

I think I should try to get some sleep now. Goodnight, all, and have sweet dreams!

No comments: