1/29/2007

I honestly want to know...

if I am I being selfish, rude or demanding in this situation:

Paul was messing around on his computer, trying to install a new Windows appearance. We had just gotten home from school, and I didn't feel like jumping right back into more homework right away. Instead, I got the bright idea that, since neither of us was really doing anything, maybe Paul and I could hang out; we've both just been doing homework lately, and haven't had much of a chance to "chill" together. So I asked Paul if he wanted to hang out with me, and he said "no." So of course, I asked why not, and he said it was because he was in the middle of something. I pointed out that it wasn't anything important, which I had thought because he could come back to it at any time; he wasn't gaming, wasn't doing homework, nothing that was time-sensitive. But he insisted that it was important to him, and he didn't want to stop just so we could spend time together.

Paul tried to explain to me how I was being selfish, rude and demanding, but I still don't understand why that is. I still don't feel like I was in the wrong. Could someone else maybe shed some light on this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick clarification on the whole time-line of the events. I had started a process (the appearance thing) it was something that didn't go entirely correctly the first time I tried it. So I was in the middle of fixing things. Callie was aware of this, then moseyed on over to ask if I wanted to hang out in the middle of this issue. I told her that I didn't want to hang out, she asked why, I said cause I was in the middle of something, she said it wasn't important, I said it was to me and that she was being slightly rude and demanding of me to ask me to stop what I was doing to partake in such an ambiguous thing as "hanging out."

I don't think we're fighting over this, so don't feel as though you're going to get "in the middle" on this, it's just a curious miscommunication methinks...