2/18/2009

Tug-o-war

So, I'm definitely joining the Air Force. I think I'm nearly done with the process of entering. Once I'm in, my 3-month waiting period begins. It's during that time that I'll be going over to Germany to stay with my aunt. There was a small period of time in which I was considering going to visit my dad, brother and sisters before going to Germany, and I was slightly stressing on the timing of everything. But that's all been put to rest since I found out that basically, I had to choose between one or the other. I chose Germany, and my aunt. She's been an awesomely huge help in my whole process of joining, and she'll be able to teach me a thing or two about military life before I go.

Now I just need to inform my dad that I won't be going to visit anytime soon... When he proposed the idea I told him I would think about it. He told me he was going to start telling people that there was a possibility that I was going to be visiting. The next time I talked to my brother and sister, they seemed to be under the impression that I was going down there for sure. So of course, I'm sure my dad has been telling my entire family that I'll be going to Louisiana for a while. Now I have to break the news that I'm not going at all, and probably break his heart in the process. Meanwhile, my siblings will no-doubt be upset with me for getting dad's hopes up, then not coming. Oh well, I suppose. I know I'll have a chance to visit when I get to take leave. And there's also a chance I'll be stationed semi-near them.

I really, *really* hope I get a chance to throw myself a going-away party before I move. I have to be out of my apartment by the 5th of March, at which point I'll be going to stay with my mom until I leave for Germany. I want a last chance to see all of the people I care about up here before I disappear for like 4 years. Maybe I should start planning one and informing people of it today? I have a stupid work schedule for the next two weeks, and I'm pretty sure I have to work on the ideal "Friday Night." But if so, maybe I can just request it off (and the following morning, heh...). It's probably early enough for that, yeah? I'm gunna do it. Consider a party planned for Friday the 27th. Heck yeah. Mark your calendars.

No comments: