4/30/2009

Birthday, happy

So much more has happened in the past year than I ever could have imagined. I did enter "23" with high expectations, and I was not even remotely disappointed. Quite without fail, every step taken backwards was a new chance to take another leap forward. Which means twenty-three was quite 'necessary' for me. I'm proud of myself for marching through it, even when the march was so slow I couldn't even see the passing of time. Although (as always), I do feel a tinge of melancholy to leave another age behind me. And now, moving onward, I think twenty-four feels like it'll be a year of transition, a year of seriousness, and a year to watch a few major prospects come into focus. Cheers to hindsight, foresight, foreshadowing, and forgiving (...why isn't it hind-giving?).

No comments: