11/14/2005

"How I spent my summer vacation"

So... living with Paul has been interesting. And by "interesting," I mean nothing has happened. We both seem to not mind the situation, which is good. I actually do like being there, and I haven't felt like I just need to escape him for the day yet. I don't know whether or not he's felt that way. It seems like he hasn't felt that way in a really long time. Or maybe he just stopped telling me...

Anyway, by saying "nothing has happened," I mean we haven't jumped down each others' throats or better yet killed each other, however, there also has been a whole lot of boredom and an otherwise lack of excitement going on. I find it much easier now, to understand why Paul never knows what day of the week it is, or how the hours just slip away from Paul making him late for virtually everything, or why he can sleep in until 6 pm, or why he thinks something that happened weeks ago really happened a few days ago. It really is just all in the atmosphere. The damn basement is a black hole, and I have experienced its mysteries...

My days are running together. Nothing happens. We both sit in the same spots all day and night, occasionally talking, mostly listening to music. And when things do happen, they aren't separated by dates. They're just separated by what they are. It isn't "this happened on Tuesday, and this happened on Friday," it's more like "this happened, and this happened too." We probably couldn't even tell you whether or not the events had even occured on separate days.

I'm pretty sure he likes having me there. He said so a lot when I first moved in. And I do like being there. I like having him to hang out with that much more often. Before I wasn't seeing much of him, and that has led to large problems on more than one occasion. But also, not that you care to know (but I do care to make a note of), the sex life has been a bit more active. It's not once a week anymore. That was a bit disappointing before. But now, for the most part, he wants to go more often than I do. I don't really get it, but whatever. At least I know he still likes me.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be writing a paper of some kind right now. The main reason I moved in to Paul's house was to get more homework done. I don't think that where I was living was the problem, however. I think I'm just a huge slacker, because I'm doing just as much homework at Paul's house as I was doing at home.

Oh, another thing: we got a new roommate at my apartment. I've only hung out with her a few times (seeing as how I'm never there anymore). Anyway, she seems really cool. Actually, I think she'd be awesome if she wasn't so damn self-consious. She's always worried about what we think of her, or what we think of what she's doing. That is actually the only thing that bugs me about her (so far). If she would just accept that she's fine, and that we really are pretty laid-back people and aren't harshly-judging people, she'd fit into the family pretty nicely. Oh well. Maybe she'll get it. It's a new city... she's probably a little nervous.

Alright, back to my homework I suppose. Oh yeah! I almost forgot... I found out this weekend that I'm going to Florida for a week this January! My sister bought me a ticket on Saturday. I am so very excited. I can't wait. Okay. Bye for now.

No comments: