12/27/2005

The time after time

Last night I stayed with my friend Lacee. Out of all of my friends, I've known her the longest. We've been through a lot of things together, and it's really neat to see how different we've turned out from each other. However, we both share a lot of the same beliefs about things. She still lives in my hometown and I've been in Portland making something new of myself, but we still get along like we always have. Maybe even better; we talked all day today, really strong conversation of things we really haven't ever talked about much with each other. It was good.

And last night, she rounded up a couple of my friends who haven't seen me in a couple years at least. They're both boys who have always treated me like a princess. Neither of them have changed much. And one of them, Eric, was the only person to ever visit me from home since I've been living in Portland (well, he and Keith came together... love you guys!). It was great to see them both. Eric and Charles. Charles was a "bad boy" in my freshman year of high school, and I had never even kissed a boy at the time. But Charles always made me blush just by giving me a hug. I'd turn beet red! Hah, I was sooo shy. Oh, and whenever he would kiss me on the cheek, I would nearly die every time! Oh man was I ever shy. Yeah, that's why I could never keep a boyfriend for longer than two weeks around that time. They always broke up with me for the same reason: I wouldn't kiss them. Hehehehe. And then sweet sixteen came... oh well.

So yeah. It was good to see them both. And there was another guy, a friend of Charles, who looked so hopelessly familiar... but still I have no idea where I know him from. He agreed on the familiarity, but he didn't know why either. But an all-around good night! It was especially good to get away from my family for a day. I know I've only been here for about four days now, but trust me. You'd want a break from them too. I'm glad I no longer live at home. Heh.

You know, I still haven't done any Christmas shopping... hehhehe. I have a Secret Santa gift I need to buy, gifts for four other friends, and my boyfriend... It's okay though. I still have time. I'm going shopping with my brother when I get to Florida. I just don't have any idea what I'm getting for any of them.

Oh, and I'm going to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to that, actually. I've heard nothing but good things.

Hmm... more updates as more life happens. Sorry I've been so neglecting.

ps For those of you who don't already know, the week between Christmas and New Year's Day is my favorite week of the whole year. It's a sort of void time pocket, when the holidays and stresses of the year are over, but it's not quite a new year yet. In my opinion, it's a very telling time period of the year to come. Anyway, I rather enjoy it. Now you know!

pps If you want to know something else new about me: I love surprises!

No comments: