1/20/2006

I can't think of a subject title right now, because it's way too quiet...

It's been a while! I need to update everything so I can try to stay at least somewhat on top of this. Since I'm so far behind, I'll just try to give you a brief account of what's happened in the past few weeks. A consise summary. The ultra-abridged version.

Well, hm. Let's start with New Year's Eve. It was quiet, I stayed home with my parents. I had to get up early the next morning to go to Sacramento, so I didn't really want to go out and party anyway. But guess what-- my mom gave me a beer. Two of them! That was a very big deal. Hahaaa....

So, the next morning, I caught the plane to Florida at five in the evening, got there at five in the morning. And Florida. Was. Awesome. So much fun. It was sunny and warm, I had a blast hanging out with my brother, my sisters, and their families, and I got to ride a Harley. Woo! It was great. I was only there for a week before I had to go back, but the morning of my flight my sister and I were running late. So, I missed my flight. And spent the next twelve hours in the airport on stand-by. Oh well, luckily I was still in Orlando, instead of stranded in Chicago where I don't know anyone. So I stayed in Florida another two nights (making me miss two classes) and got home safely on Tuesday afternoon.

Oh yeah, hah, I dyed my hair! Blue-black. So when Paul got out of class to come and see me, he didn't even recognize me. Silly boy. It looks good, though. Take my word for it.

Hm, then I had class on Wednesday and Thursday... Hung out with Meggan and Daniel one night. We played Harry Potter Scene It?, which is what I got for Christmas from Paul's cousin. It was fun. Then the next day we hung out with Ryan, when he bought us dessert from Moonstruck. Oh man. If you have not yet experienced the pleasures and delights of Moonstruck, then you should find one and go NOW. I know of at least two in Portland. Go there.

Hm, then there was lots of homework (already)... More class, more hanging out with friends.

It was a great break, and it seemed to last months. But I'm really glad to finally be home again (home being Portland, since I don't really have a "home" right now. I'm working on it, though).

Oh YEAH... the last night I was in Florida, we went to go see the movie "Hostel." Do NOT go see this movie. Sure, it has well-done gore. But it really is a waste of money. I never say this about movies. Please take my word on this one.

Anyway, currently: I am home alone this weekend. Paul's dad showed up randomly this morning as I was about to leave and took Paul away to "get away from it all" this weekend. Then went up to a day-spa somewhere in the mountains, and then they're going hiking tomorrow. So it is REALLY QUIET right now, and I am EXTREMELY BORED. What's a girl to do? Homework? Pah. Don't think so. Where does that boy keep the liquor?

No comments: