1/27/2006

Unexpected Spontaneity

It's unbelievable, but I am tired again. Guess how many hours of sleep I got last night? Eighteen. Yeah, you read that right. I didn't know it was possible, but I got eighteen hours of sleep in one night. And I forced myself to get out of bed... I could have slept longer! Jeeze! Well, it's not as crazy when you consider I didn't sleep at all the night before, but still. It's pretty crazy.

So... yesterday was awesome. See, I was up all night the night before because I was finishing homework for my morning class. And I didn't even finish... I'm such a slow-poke. Anyway, we're about an hour, hour-and-a-half into my morning class, some annoying girl is giving her presentation for the day, and then all of the computers turn off at once. Lights too. Power outage! They don't come back on immediately, so the teacher gives us a 20 min. break. Paul, Ryan, Jesse and I wander onto the street, and notice the building across the street doesn't have power either. Neither do the traffic lights. Hmm... So, we get back to class, and Kathleen (teacher) has found out that the near-by construction workers have drilled through a power line! So, she lectured us for another twenty minutes, and set us free. Paul, Ryan and I went to Backspace to play some pool, then to get some food somewhere. Then we split up, because Paul had to go back to Backspace, Ryan had to go home for a bit, and I had to finish some homework. But when Ryan and I got back to the school, we found signs posted everywhere saying school was closed! For the rest of the day! Which meant I didn't have to do my homework for that night's class, and we were free to do whatever we wanted!!

So, Ryan and I waited for Paul to come back, we called Meggan, and all trekked down to PSU for a few games of pool. It's a neat place, they have a bowling alley, air hockey, pool tables by the hour, and arcade games. It's a cheap little fun place to hang out.

Then Ryan left, and the three of us left shortly after, on our way to Target. Meggan needed to buy a vacuum, and I needed school supplies. So, we were hanging out in Target for a while, and they have the neatest things for your house! I'm seriously going major-shopping there once I get my own place. Anyway, we get Meggan's vacuum, take her back to her place, get in the door... and find a vacuum there, waiting for her, signed "from management." See, the reason she needed the vacuum was because her and Daniel clean up the hallways for the building they live in, and they requested a vacuum from management, but they haven't heard anything in several months. It just figures that the day she goes to buy one is the day they decide to give her one. Hahaha, oh well.

Anyway, as soon as we got home that evening I fell asleep. From 5 pm 'till 12:30 am, then from 1 am 'till 11:30. So much sleep! Paul didn't even sleep as much as I did, if you can believe that... But anyway, for some reason I'm tired again, so I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

No comments: