4/29/2006

Don't accept any rides from hitchhikers!

Yesterday was odd. Odd but great.

I got up early, and took a bunch of pictures of candy bars for my homework for Gary's class (Advanced Art Direction). Then I finished that at about 11:45, took a shower and went to class. When I was parking, I got a call from Ryan asking if Paul and I wanted to go with him, April, and some friends of theirs to the coast, bonfire and all, and Meggan and Daniel could go too.

Half-way through class Ryan called me again, wondering if I had decided if we were going to the coast or not, but I still wasn't sure since I hadn't had a chance to talk to Paul, Meggan or Daniel. So I called Meggan's phone and left a message. We took a midterm, went over our projects, then got out at 4:15. I met Paul in the Commons, mentioned going to the coast with Ryan, and then we went to our internship class.

Class was interesting; we all went over how our internships were going, including the people at the workplace, the projects we were doing, and the environment we were working in. And any other details. Then the very second class was over, Ryan called me again to see if we were going with them. This was at 6:00. I said I didn't know yet, that I was about to talk to Paul about it, and I would call him back.

We hung around class a little bit longer, talking to Devon and Drew, and decided we'd go get some food with them at Rogue's (which was very tasty, by the way, and had wonderful french fries). So as we were walking out the school, Paul wanted to know what time Ryan and the bunch were leaving, and where exactly it was they were going. So I called Ryan back, and found out they were going to Cannon Beach, and they were leaving at, oh, right now. I still hadn't heard back from Meggan and Daniel, so I called Meggan, still getting a mailbox. And I called Daniel, who didn't answer, so I left a message on his phone this time.

Then we went and ate some awesome food and had great conversation with two good people from school.

That took an hour-and-a-half, by the way, during which time Ryan called me one more time. Then we had to go back to Vancouver, since we were in seperate cars, and Paul was wearing shorts. We would have just left from downtown, but he would have frozen at the beach, so we got a blanket and he changed. Before I drove up there though, I called Daniel one more time, and finally got ahold of him. And? They decided to go! Woo.

So I drove to Vancouver, Ryan called me again to see where we were, I picked up Paul, we went back downtown to grab Meggan and Daniel really quick, and we were finally on our way. It's now about 8:20.

Anyway, we got out there, found the bonfire, and had a great time. Marshmallow roastings (and smores... mmmm), pyro-activities, conversation and ghost stories. Well, no actual ghost stories, only talk of ghost story books. Hehe.

Then at about midnight we put out the fire. Ryan and April ended up getting a room out there, so we hung around for about twenty minutes, then drove back home. I slept on the way, and we were back before I knew it.

Today, my plans involve calling a ton of bars and people; bars to see who'll serve someone on the midnight of their 21st b-day, and people to inform them of my b-day plans tomorrow afternoon. We're going drunken golfing. W00t!

**This post's Quote-as-a-Title brought to you by Paul T., of Vancouver, WA

No comments: