6/24/2006

[/yawn]

It's been a while; sorry. I'll give you an abridged version of my past two weeks:

Paul's birthday was fun. We went out at midnight that night to Joe's Cellar, where it was Paul, Ryan, James + Steph, Drew, Sam, two other guys, and me. It was good times... Paul was fed many shots containing many different kinds of alcohol. Long story short, he threw up as soon as we got in the car, then spent an hour in the bathroom that night. He tried to convince me to bring him a blanket and let him sleep in the bathroom...


Next day was bright and early for Centralia-bound fun. We were at his parents' most of the day, then we went out for the "Tower Street Crawl," which is the street in Centralia where most of the bars are downtown. A bunch of us moved from bar to bar that night (I was DD again, so I watched everyone else get drunk, again). It was a lot of fun. Happy birthday for Paul!!

Hmm... what next... Oh yeah, finals. I only had three, so that wasn't too worrisome. I passed, passed, and passed! Done on Tuesday afternoon. W00t! Then Paul, Ryan and I went out to Boss Hawg's, Cheers, and Joe's Cellar. I got smashed on Vodka Sours and Whiskey Sours. Woo, end of finals!!

Oh! Oh jeeze, I nearly forgot the glory of Monday evening, finals week. Paul and Ryan had rented some costumes for a photoshoot for a school project. Bunny costumes. Heh... the shoot itself was much fun. I was a thin white bunny, and Paul was a frumpy brown bunny. Two costumes, Paul's and my humor, and endless "furry" possibilities. The project was on the fetish of Furries, which is that of pretending to be an animal for sexual pleasure (that's the gist of it, anyway). Fun times. Anyway, we needed carrots for the shoot, which we had none of at the house. Sooooo.... I insisted that the only way we could go by carrots was if one of the rabbits walked into the store to pay for them. So I did it. Walked into the store, picked up some carrots, and went through the checkout. I got confused/amused looks from people all over the store, high scrutiny from the manager, and pure joy from children (along with paranoia from their parents). Oh, and photo documentation of the event. It was glorious. Heh heh.

Let's see... next comes summer break. It was pretty uneventful for the beginning of it; Paul went up to Centralia, while I stayed in Vancouver so I could go to my internship on Monday. I was bored out of my mind every single day. Then I drove up on Monday evening. And got a speeding ticket. My first one. I'm pissed. I had a clean record, and now I owe $122 for driving 75 in a 60 zone. Fuck that.

Anyway, after that I went with Paul over to Drew's house, where there'd been a crazy LAN party going on, with all the guys. I joined it; I set up a trial World of Warcraft account, and now I'm a level 12 gnome mage. It was pretty boring for most of the week. I spent the first day of summer, one of my favorite days of the year, sitting inside all day. LAAAAAAME! Oh well. I had gotten two-and-a-half hours of sleep the night before that, was up all day, then went to bed late that night. So I slept until noon, and Paul slept pretty much all day. That was yesterday.

Then last night we went to the Penny Park in Chehalis, where we all played tag and frisbee until we were exhausted. My knees and elbows are skinned and bruised-- I feel like I was six years old again for a few hours (until I got totally smashed on Tic Tacs-- vodka, orange juice and Red bull). Today we went to Black lake, about 20 miles north of Centralia, where we swam and sunned until we were exhausted. Paul has an AWESOME sunburn; the front of him is roasted beet red, while the rest of him remains pale as winter snow. I was the only one who put on sun lotion, so I'm the only one who didn't get burned. Except for my back, which I couldn't reach. There's a pretty awesome and definite line of where the lotion stopped on my skin. We're going to the lake again tomorrow, since a few people couldn't make it today due to work (crazy people with jobs...).

I've been working on a project (somewhat) at Paul's parents' house; it's a wood shelf the size of the garage wall. Paul was working on it, and screwing up and getting frustrated, when I came in to see what he was up to. I offered a helping hand, and he gave me the project. And I looooove it! I haven't gotten to do any woodworking since I was in high school, and it's one of my most favorite things to do. I'm measuring, and sawing, and nailing, and getting things to fit together perfectly... it is soooo satisfying. Woo hoo.

So yeah. That's been the past couple of weeks. Not terribly eventful, but there are a few fun things thrown in there. I'm really, really tired though. I haven't been getting much sleep, I'm tired from swimming and the sun, I've been staring at the compys and lappys playing WOW for hours and hours this week, and I'm a little burned out on being indoors almost constantly (you have no idea how happy I was about going to the lake, and then learning that we're going back the next day).

In the days to come, I'll be working on a poster for Entercom, then I'll be finishing my internship on Monday morning (which means I need to go to Portland on Sunday). I have another internship next term, and I'm planning on trying to go to Portland Monthly. Wish me luck! It sounds like fun.

Okay, bleh. I'm done now. Maybe I'll sleep. Or something (I probably won't...).

No comments: