2/19/2007

Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby. Let's all go to the looobby, and get ourselves a snack!

Wednesday (Valatimes Day): Russian Dolls.
Paul brought me home a single pink carnation (which is the first flower I've ever received from a boy, not including when one picks the flower right in front of me and hands it to me... that's not quite as romantic...). I thought it was very, very sweet, especially considering that Paul's certainly not the type to get a girl flowers. Anyway, our Valentine's Day activity was to curl up together, and snuggle on the couch to watch the 2 hour-long movie that's been sitting on our coffee table for a month, that we hadn't yet had the time to watch. It was interesting-- sort of a strange movie. It was kind of a love story, but not exactly. More like one of those "oh what does it all mean... relationships... love... sex..." kind of movies. Anyway, I liked it (I grabbed it in the first place, because it has one of my favorite actresses in it: Audrey Tatou).

Thursday: Pan's Labyrinth
This movie is everything I've always wanted in a movie since I was a little girl. It has a fairy tale storyline filled with darkness, violence, mystery, wonder, betrayal, mystique, and very blurred lines between fantasy and reality. It's amazing, that's all I can say. Paul and I each downed three beers and then decided to walk down to the movie theater. I figured it would be the perfect time to see this; I've heard nothing but good things and my curiosity had been thoroughly roused.

Friday: Apocalypse Now!
We ended up with another stretch of time, since it was somehow too late to do any homework, yet too early to go to bed still. So we settled down to watch this three-hour-and-twenty-minute movie, which Paul snagged for ten bucks at Best Buy a while back. Unfortunately, this movie was as slow as it was long. I was this close to falling asleep by the end of it. I'm not saying I disliked it, because it was admittedly one of the better war-story movies. It's just not exactly in my taste. And man-oh-man, Harrison Ford is so young! Hah! It was silly. Oh right, Martin Sheen, too (and dang, I had no idea how much Charlie looks like him!).

Saturday: Ghost Rider
Not "Ghostwriter," as I previously had thought (only for a few minutes, though). Mr. Nicholas Cage is quite the BA (imho). Now, listen. I'm sure most of you know the difference between a "movie" and a "film" so I won't go into it. But let it be known that Ghost Rider is a fun "movie." I like it, I don't care what you say. I don't mind the bad actors or the bad special effects. I think it's fun to watch. I enjoyed it. Muchly, considering the slandering brief I'd been given from Paul, beforehand (After watching it, he puts the movie at a step above Fantastic 4. Now that was a bad movie-- a crappy piece of crap that should never have been produced. This movie, however, was fun! I can't sum it up in any other word). Fun.

Sunday: The Shins (live at the Paramount Theater, Seattle!)
YYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I saw them. I did. For reals. And you know what? It was awesome. And I got a cool t-shirt. AND, I am the proud owner of the crumpled piece of paper that is The Shins' set list!!! YES!!! UUuuuuggghhhh it was so worth this lack-of-sleep hangover I have. MMMMmmm hmmmmm.

No comments: