2/23/2007

Motivation is a slave-driver

Well, Wednesday went fairly well. I didn't get everything on my list, but I got the bulk of it done, including the most important parts (things that were cut out of my day: lunch, 1/4 of the dirty dishes, my identity project, and one of the businesses I meant to email). Everything else went pretty well, though.

The running, however... Dang. I don't know why people would voluntarily put themselves through such torture! I mean, don't get me wrong, it's only proved to me that I need to go more often. But I was gone for a little more than half an hour, and I came back completely out of breath, my eardrums were in near-excruciating pain (that happen to anyone else?), my chest was on fire, and my legs have officially stopped working for the past two days. This is what I get for trying to turn around and be healthy... I wasn't even running the whole time! On the way back home in my loop, I walked for a good portion of the way, and even stopped completely at some points. I had no idea I was this out-of-shape. Damn those good days, being all tempting for exercise and whatnot! Sunshine will be the death of me. Mark my words.

Also, I must confess that I did not quit smoking yesterday. I only had one cigarette on Wednesday, but I had two more yesterday, and another this morning. However, I've made up my mind for good! I'm done smoking. I promise. So don't tempt me, you temptresses!

Okay, this may be related to the smoking, or maybe not-- I'm not quite sure, since I'm not really a heavy smoker by any means. But I've kiiiind of been coughing up blood lately... I didn't think too much of it until I happened to mention it to Paul this morning, who lightly freaked out at me. So, I now have a doctor's appointment next Wednesday. I'm not really worried, just pretty curious. It's been going on for weeks, but moreso in the past couple days, when I developed a sore throat and cough (before the coughing, the blood was showing up in whatever came out of me clearing my throat). This recent cough has also been accompanied with chills and nightsweats. Do you think it's TB? I think I've convinced myself it's not, but I suppose there's still a chance of it... I'm sure it's something that's practically nothing, though. Don't worry.

So that's what's up with me. I plan on having a nice, quiet weekend with Paul. I'll probably try to finish dreading his hair tomorrow (OH YES. It's finally happened.). It's currently 2/3 of the way done, with the hair of the crown of his head just hangin' out bundled in nine little pony tails. It's gunna look awesome... you can almost feel the dread.

No comments: