12/08/2005

Where my thoughts, now on paper, enter a subject change.

[BIIIIIIIG sigh]. I don't have to stress out anymore. I'm not totally done, but the bulk of my problems is behind me. I still have three final tests and my portfolio due, along with a presentation (which I'm not exactly stoked about), but I'm not stressed about the portfolio because I just spent the night before last night stressing about it so much that I finished it.

See... I thought it was actually due yesterday, so I stayed up all night putting together a portfolio layout, putting all my projects into place, and revising a few other projects that I had yet to revise. Then I went to Kinkos at 7 in the morning, making poor Paul go with me (he brought his blanket with him, and stayed in the car when I went inside). Got back at 8, slept for six-and-a-half hours, then got up and put the whole thing together, cutting foamcore and mattboard, slicing paper, punching holes, etc.

So. Now I'm ahead of most people in that class, and Dale (the teacher) was able to help me and tell me what I need to fix. Which is great... usually I go through projects blindly and sink or swim on the day they're due. But now... now over the next week I can leisurely revise the projects I didn't get to and fix the little problems on the ones I did get to, as well as the problems in my actual book layout. I'll have to print everything again... which really sucks as it is pricey and a pain, but at least I know I'll have done ole Dale right.

Bleh. So, after class last night, I smoked a cigarette (someone gave me a box of vanilla-flavored gourmet cigarettes that they didn't want, because they bought them after recently quitting... hopefully these will last me a while, and I don't mind sharing... don't worry, I'm not about to start smoking again), stopped by Carl's Jr. and picked up a burger for myself and for Paul, and then took a bath. A nice hot relaxing bath. So, now I'm okay. I see the humor and the upside of this all, and I don't feel bad that I just worked my butt off for nothing (well, not for 'nothing,' but more for lack of necessity). And now I have time for more things I want to do, like installing my new 160 GIG hard drive, going through the bag of goodies I got from PDXPO (the annual design expo) last week, updating my blog worry-free, and perhaps even hanging out with friends.

Just so we're clear on how I'm spending my winter break: December 21st I'm flying down to California, to spend two weeks with my family (and hopefully my friends... I won't have my car). Then on January 1st, I'm flying down to Florida to be with my brother (whom I haven't seen in a year) and sisters (whom I haven't seen in two years). This is extremely exciting for me. I can't even begin to tell you. But this also means I won't be seeing my beloved Paul for three weeks! Of course I'm sure I'll talk to him, either by email or by telephone (which will have to be while he's at his parents' house, seeing as he lost his phone a few days ago). But I've been living with him for almost two months now (yeah, the whole "just part of the week" thing didn't really happen; I'm there 7 days a week now). Don't you think I'll go through maybe just a few withdrawls? Bah. We shall see.

But for now, relaxation, leisure, and other lazy whatnots (which is actually what I've been doing all term... the exact reason I was so stressed out by the end of the term...).

No comments: