4/20/2006

Sitting on the dock of the bay, wasting time

I'm in Package Design right now. We're on break, but I'm waiting to talk to the teacher about something. So far, the class is going well.

Guess what? I got an internship. Yup! I went in for an interview last Friday, and showed them my Book, and they liked me, and they liked my book, so they hired me as an intern! Where is it, you ask? Well, it's at Entercom, which owns 7 of the local radio stations in Portland, three of which I listen to (94/7, 97.1 Charlie, and 92.3 KGON Classic Rock) on a regular basis! That means, I get to do print work for some of the radio stations, including posters, pamphlets, booklets and cds! My boss seems super nice, and so does his assistant. The job seems like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to it! (Wow, I just used way too many exclaimation points).

Hm, what else has been going on? Um, not a whole lot. I've been having really emotional dreams lately, though. Well, just in the past two nights. That I can remember, anyway. Emotionally good, emotionally bad, emotionally rough.... Just emotional, in general.

What else... what else? Umm (bleh, the teacher just spent 15 minutes talking to one person, when she has to talk to like five of us and she only had a half-an-hour). Okay, it looks like I don't have much to talk about anymore. Oh yeah, except for the AIGA. See, Paul and I are the only officers (I didn't volunteer to be an officer again, it just sort of happened when I was doing a bunch of stuff for the club). And there aren't a whole lot of active members (maybe two or three, excluding Paul and myself). So, what happens is, we get stuck doing a lot of the work behind the events we try to put together. We ask other members for help, but we've yet to have a reliable member (besides Ryan, but I suspect he's only helping the club 'cause he's our friend, hahaha). So... bleh. I don't think I was really going anywhere with that, besides ranting. We have a school-wide T-shirt competition that's finally getting off the ground, a supposed trip to Georgia Pacific, the paper company, a guest speaker, and a meeting with PSU's student chapter of the AIGA, as well as regular tours of local studios.

We didn't have to worry about setting up the studio tours or the inter-chapter meeting, because it was someone else's idea. Getting a guest speaker shouldn't be too hard, and our one reliable member is in charge of doing that. The trip to Georgia Pacific, there was a member who was supposed to be orchestrating that for us, but he hasn't even contacted us in the past... oh... two weeks or so. And the last time we spoke to him was because he happened to be in our internship class. So that leaves the T-shirt competetion. Oh my dear goodness. What a nightmare. I'm thinking things may go a bit easier next term, once we've figured things out a bit.

---one night later---

I'm at home now. Last night we ended up going on a feild trip to Whole Foods, to look at packaging. There's one package I'm in love with, for a cacao bean. But sadly, it's not one of the two packages I chose for discussion.

Let's see... I had class today, Advanced Art Direction. Then after class, I called Paul and discovered he was with Meggan and Daniel. So I headed on over there, and we went to get some food at The Laughing Planet. Then I drove home in the rush hour traffic, while listening to good music (there's a new radio station! 60s and 70s hits, on 106.7).

After arriving at home, I played a bit of Guitar Hero, failed miserably (I'm stuck on Hard, on the third tier, and I've been getting only three stars for the songs I do pass). Then I put on Super Mario 64, which I've been playing for about a week now. It's rather fun! See, when I owned a N64, the only game I owned was BanjoKazooie. So I sort of missed out on all the other fun games, like Ledgend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, and SM64. So I'm playing both of those now. I now have like 34 stars, and I've beaten like three or four levels. Wooo!

So now, I'm just hanging out. Paul fell asleep like an hour or so ago. I didn't realize this until I was trying to talk to him, and he was apparently ignoring me. He got mad at me earlier, but I didn't think he was still grumpy, so I kept talking to him. When I finally got off the couch to see what on earth he was doing, I realized he was dead asleep. Hahaha, oh well. Yeah, that was at like, 8:00 pm. Why on earth is he sleeping so early? He never does that.

Anyway, turns out we're going hiking tomorrow. With Ryan and April. I'm looking forward to it. Paul and I went the weekend before last, to a new trail. Wahclella Falls. It was pretty!



This isn't Wahclella falls, but it was some
of the scenery found along the way.

But I don't really feel like going back to the same trail so soon. So I'm thinking we should go to Eagle Creek. This is the infamous trail of Paul's and my "Seventeen Mile Hike," (which wasn't actually seventeen miles long). It is a very, very long trail, but there are a ton of great places for stopping and turning around. Anyway, it's a beautiful hike and a relatively easy trail, without switchbacks or a very steep incline. Or, we could find a new trail entirely. There's a few I found a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a trail for us, but these won't be open until late Summer. Bleh. So in the meantime, I need to find an awesome Spring trail. Actually, Spring is when Paul and I traversed Eagle Creek last time, because the high water runoff causes one particular waterfall to have two seperate chutes. It's neat.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: