5/31/2006

A Brief Intermission

Turns out my boss is fucking active as hell. He's won a ton of awards, mostly for radio ad copywriting, he serves on two judge panels for advertising- one regional, one international (on the same panel as Steve Sandstrom, of Sandstrom Design!), he goes golfing, he playes Lacrosse, he travels across the country, he's the Creative Director of a company that owns/operates seven radio stations, and then he gets all excited at my mention and explaination of Frisbee Golf, becausae of the prospect of gaining a new hobby. Who the hell is this guy??

I got all excited at work today. Doug and Keith (my bosses) asked what other work I'd like to be doing for them. I said posters would be fun, so they figured out what posters needed to be done, so I can do them. Doug told me he wasn't going to tell me what he had in mind, because he wanted me to just run with whatever I wanted. So I mentioned Jeff Kliensmith and Jesse LeDeux. Aawww yeahhh. So they pulled up Patent Pending and loved what they saw. So now that's my direction. I'm probably going majorly stress out about this, because I'm now trying to emulate my favorite designers, and it's scary because I don't think I can do them any justice. But I'm still super excited.

Oh, also... I get to do some voice acting. Which is also very exciting! I get to play a bubbly, 20-year-old fast food worker, who's happy to be out in the job world. Woooo!

So my weekend was great. Lucas and Drew stayed until Sunday afternoon. Saturday rocked. We went up to Big 5 and picked up some frisbee golf disks, even though it was all rainy. It took forever to find Pier Park, the course we were going to, but we found it eventually (after going through some part of Portland I didn't even know existed... corporate parks and such...). Pier Park is awesome. It's a huge course, with 18 holes and trees everywhere. AND, there are two huge swingsets placed strategically at the half-way point in the course. So guess what we did? Of course. We swung on the swings, and had a blast. Paul decided to steal my swing from me, then jump off while he was swinging, onto the muddy slope below. He fell in the mud, of course. Served him right. And he was trying to get his balance to get up, and slipped back into the mud. Hehehe! It was great.

I started this post this evening, at about 8 or so... then Paul and I went to Meggan and Daniel's house when he got out of class. It was nice, we don't hang out with them as much as last term, which is sad. We always have a good time when we see them.

I just downloaded a bunch of ELO and Yes. Wooo! I'm going to bed now. We might go Frolfing again tomorrow! Yay!

No comments: